iGlide - Navigation app for glider pilots
iGlide is a gliding moving map software by AIR Avionics specifically developed for Apple® iOS® Devices. It can be run on Apple's iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®. iGlide offers an entirely new level of situational awareness in navigation. Route planning has been completely re-designed and assists even in coping with the most challenging situations. Using iGlide in flight is fun and requires no pens, only fingers. iGlide is clear and revolutionarily simple.
The Map in iGlide is very detailed yet easy to read. It highlights important landmarks and adapts details to the selected zoom range in order not to clutter the display. Its high resolution terrain database always shows your current glide-range along the planned route.
iGlide comes with free regular airspace updates (most countries even weekly). Airspace overview, sideview and airspace Nav-Boxes bring intuitive airspace awareness. iGlide warns visually and acoustically of airspace infringements.
iGlide runs on all Apple iOS® Devices (2009 or newer). It works with iPad®, iPad mini®, iPod touch® and iPhone® and perfectly adjusts to available screen-space and orientation. You can use your copy of iGlide on up to five different devices all on one purchase.
The FAI optimizer gives you information if your currently planned route is FAI conform in realtime. It makes it possible to easily re-plan your current task for the day and still be sure to fly FAI conform triangles.
Task-planning in IGlide is comprehensive yet simple to use. It integrates the most common FAI competition rules (US competition rules to be integrated 2014) and helps you flying complex tasks with its optimization features, for example the AAT optimizer.
The circling-assistant helps you center thermals. It shows where the climbrate is best in your circle and gives you hints on where to fly to. If connected to a Butterfly Vario it shows you the current live-wind indicating areas of horizontal air movement pointing to the center of the thermal.
Screenshots and Videos
iGlide turns navigation into a walk in the park, with functions that really are helpful. It gives overview, even in highly complicated situations, takes the load off the pilot and gives more time to monitor airspace.
iGlide is available in 3 different editions. Upgrades from one to another are possible at any time. The range begins with simple entry-level editions for a low starting price of only 29,99€ up to all-inclusive editions for professional users.
It is possible to buy the functionality of higher editions at a later time. You can easily start without risk buying the lite edition and buy advanced- and pro-edition-features later on (at special upgrade prices).
iGlide lite (33,99€)33,99€
- high resolution map with terrain database
- Free worldwide navigational-data with free updates
- Optional ICAO Map (DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung)
- Simple DirectTo Function with one waypoint
- Airspace Warnings (aural and optical) and airspace overview
- Sideview with airspace and terrain on course
- Final-Glide-Calculator with MacCready value, bugs
- Import of many common data-types
- IGC-Flight-Logging with logbook function and DropBox integration
- FLARM traffic display and warnings
- All iGlide lite features
- Accurate automatic wind-calculation
- Simple Task planning with multiple waypoints
- Dynamic Drag-And-Drop route planning
- Sending flights via eMail.
- Direct OLC Flight-Claim
- All iGlide adv features
- comprehensive route planning with AAT Support and route statistics
- AAT Planning and optimization
- Advanced competition functions
- OLC distance calculation
- FAI optimizer
- Climb optimizer